Q. What can I use KIDS ‘N’ PETS on?
A. Just about anything! You can safely use KIDS ‘N’ PETS ALL PURPOSE Stain & Odor Remover on any water-safe surface. It will remove stains and odors from carpets, furniture, clothing, upholstery, mattresses, and much more!
Q. Where can I find KIDS ‘N’ PETS?
A. KIDS ‘N’ PETS All Purpose Stain & Odor Remover can be purchased at Walmart’s nationwide. Our products are located in the cleaning section. For a complete listing of stores that carry KIDS ‘N’ PETS visit our Where to Buy Page.
Q. How do I know if KIDS ‘N’ PETS is safe to use on my furniture?
A. Before using KIDS ‘N’ PETS to remove stains and odors on your furniture, be sure to check the manufacturer’s label for the cleaning code:
- W: Can be cleaned with water-based cleaners like KIDS ‘N’ PETS
- S: Dry clean only or use a solvent sparingly but do not use a water-based cleaner.
- X: Not cleanable – vacuum only
Q. Is KIDS ‘N’ PETS INSTANT ALL PURPOSE Stain & Odor Remover safe to use on leather?
A. Yes, but it’s important not to saturate the leather. Give your bottle of KIDS ‘N’ PETS ALL PURPOSE Stain & Odor Remover a couple of shakes, pour onto a clean, dry cloth and wipe a generous amount on the area. After a couple of minutes, wipe the area with another clean, dry cloth. Let the area completely dry and repeat the treatment 2-3 times if necessary.
Q. Why does KIDS ‘N’ PETS INSTANT ALL PURPOSE Stain & Odor Remover 32oz bottle not have a sprayer?
A. KIDS ‘N’ PETS 32oz Instant Stain & Odor Remover does not have a sprayer because the typical pump/trigger sprayer does not penetrate deeply enough into carpets, carpet pads, mattresses, etc. to completely remove urine odors. The pour spouts are designed to get down deep. Urine always penetrates deep and spreads so it is important that KIDS ‘N’ PETS get down just as deeply for complete odor removal. In short, the typical pump/trigger sprayer is not effective for urine odor removal in carpets, upholstery and mattresses.
Q. My dog was skunked! Can I use KIDS ‘N’ PETS on my dog?
A. Yes you can use KIDS ‘N’ PETS INSTANT ALL PURPOSE Stain & Odor Remover to eliminate skunk smells! Shake up the bottle and pour the KIDS ‘N’ PETS directly onto your dog. Work the stain and odor remover into your dog’s fur and let it air dry. When the skunk odor is gone you can then give your dog a bath. Be careful to avoid your pet’s tender areas like eyes, nose, mouth and rear end. Repeat the process if the skunk odor remains or lingers. Do not mix KIDS ‘N’ PETS with any other cleaner or pet shampoo.
Q. What do I do if my child/pet drinks KIDS ‘N’ PETS?
A. If your child should get KIDS ‘N’ PETS in their mouth, their first reaction will be to spit it out because it tastes really bad. KIDS ‘N’ PETS is non-toxic, biodegradable and not harmful if swallowed. The remedy for ingestion of KIDS ‘N’ PETS is to drink a lot of water to aid in flushing out your body. There are no long term side effects to ingesting KIDS ‘N’ PETS.
Q. I used KIDS ‘N’ PETS on my carpet and now it looks bleached. Did KIDS ‘N’ PETS bleach my carpet and what can I do to fix it?
A. There are no ingredients in KIDS ‘N’ PETS that will cause a bleaching effect. If you use KIDS ‘N’ PETS to clean a small area of your carpet and it later appears to have been bleached, it could be that the entire carpet needs to be cleaned. Also urine and vomit are both very acidic and can frequently “burn” or “bleach” carpets and other fabrics. Sometimes, when stains are removed, there are bleached spots that appear. This is damage caused by the strong acids in both urine and vomit. It is always best to try and treat urine and vomit stains ASAP. A good test for your carpet is to take a cap full of KIDS ‘N’ PETS and pour it directly onto your carpet in an inconspicuous location. Check the area the next day. If you cannot see where KIDS ‘N’ PETS was applied, then KIDS ‘N’ PETS will be safe to use on your entire carpet.
Q. I used several bottles of KIDS ‘N’ PETS and the odor came back. What now?
A. If you’ve used several bottles of KIDS ‘N’ PETS on your pet accidents and your carpet continues to smell, it generally means one, two, or all of the following:
- The enzymes in KIDS ‘N’ PETS can become non-effective if used after other cleaning products have been applied to the affected area. KIDS ‘N’ PETS works best if it is the first and only product used. If other products have been used, you will want to thoroughly clean the area with clean water to get rid of any residue of the previously used products. Let the area dry completely and then use KIDS ‘N’ PETS.
- Not enough KIDS ‘N’ PETS was used to reach all of the urine. The enzymes in KIDS ‘N’ PETS need to reach all of the urine so if the urine went deep into the carpet and padding, the KIDS ‘N’ PETS also needs to go deep into the carpet and padding.
- After treating your carpet, your pet revisits the area before it is dry. It is during the drying process that the urine odor is eliminated. If your pet has access to the area while it is drying, they may remark the area. If you cannot keep your pet out of the room that is being treated, place a laundry basket upside down over the area. This will allow good air circulation while keeping your pet from ‘re-visiting’ the area.
- KNP has not had sufficient time to dry. It is during the drying process that the odor is completely eliminated. The more product you use, the longer it will take to completely dry. We suggest allowing two weeks to completely dry. If the odor persists after 2 weeks, you will want to retreat the area.
Q. How is KIDS ‘N’ PETS INSTANT LAUNDRY Stain & Odor Remover different from other laundry stain removers?
A. Only KIDS ‘N’ PETS INSTANT LAUNDRY Stain & Odor Remover contains three products in one: an effective stain remover, a powerful odor remover and a detergent booster all in one ready to use product. No powders or pre-mixing are required. And KIDS ‘N’ PETS INSTANT LAUNDRY can be used as both a pre-wash for presoaking stains and odors and a detergent booster that can be used in your wash.